Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Being THIRTEEN

I can remember only some things about  being 13. I was in 7th grade and crushing on boys were a priority. My little sister turned 13 last week and we celebrated with a party at the local pizza parlor. There were so many that showed up to celebrate my little sis that there were not enough chairs in the restaurant to accomodate the crowd. The mixture of family and friends brought so much joy to her. She racked up on the gifts went home with a whole new wardrobe. Amy has always had a special presence. People are drawn to her and her crooked smile and rosey cheeks. When she was little she made such an impression on all that met her. She definitely stole my heart. I know that life is going to hit her full speed and she is growing up in an era of Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, and cellphones where she will encounter many different challenges from what I experienced; but she will have one consistant thing that has been consistant throughout the ages. She will have Jesus Christ. I will make sure that she knows him, loves him, depends on him and lives for him. I know that all of the trials that life has brought to me have always been overcome by the blood of the lamb. God has been so good to me and I know that he will be the same for Miss Amy. Through her crushes and heart aches, her friends that come and go, and the rebellion of a teenager I know that God will always be there for her to lean on and find comfort when things seem impossible. He will also be there to praise when life is at its best and battles have been won. Being a Christian at 13 is the best part of it all.

1 comment:

Onna said...

Happy 13th Birthday to her!!

Sounds like she was surrounded with all great things!
I do know that she has amazing big sisters!!